RunningBeside.me and Run The Sights are pleased to announce something new for the Scottish trail runner - The Foxy Trail Runners.
The Foxy Trail Runners?
Ali, Mandy and Owain all took part in the Foxtrail winter races and are now wanting to continue their trail fix during the summer months, until Foxtrail returns in the Winter.
They have created the group The Foxy Trail Runners to encourage runners to come together to enjoy running off-road and exploring new trails around Edinburgh and the Lothians.
What to expect
Each month they will plan a 10k trail route and everyone is welcome to join them.
These are informal social runs and all they ask is that you can run 10k., what ever that pace may be.
This is not a formal event, there will be no marshals, no timers, no route markings, you run at your own risk. The only guarantee is that no-one will be left behind.
They will meet at 10am, run some amazing trails and finish at a cafe! What's not to love about that?
Run dates - all runs start at 10am
- 28th May - Foxlake, Dunbar, the home of the Foxtrail races.
- 25th June - Foxlake, Dunbar, the home of the Foxtrail races.
- 30th July - Newbattle Abbey, park up at The Sun Inn (EH22 4TR) (Please note change of location)
- 27th August - Flotterstone, The Pentlands, park up at Flotterstone car park (EH26 0PP)
1st October - Foxlake, Dunbar, the home of the Foxtrail races.
All runners will be asked to sign up in advance of taking part in their first run. Although this may seem formal, it’s simply to make sure everyone is clear that these events are social events and runners are taking part at their own risk. It also provides contact details should any event need cancelled at short notice.
Please sign up here: http://runthesights.co.uk/foxy-trailrunners
A list of FAQs will be published below but if you have any questions in the meantime, please either contact a member of the team either via social media or post on the RunningBeside.me facebook page.
So put the dates in your diaries, follow the team on social media and join in with the fun! #foxytrailrunners
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I bring my dog to the runs?
- Unfortunately no. We would prefer you not to bringing your dogs along. As much as we love dogs, not everyone does.
- Are there showers available to use after the run?
- Yes. If a run starts / finishes at Foxlake. Foxlake have kindly given us permission to use their showers. Please remember though that Foxlake customers have priority.
Foxy trail Runners is brought to you by RunningBeside.me and Run the Sights