A visit to ashmei hq

Another year with team ashmei

About two weeks ago I received a very nice email from ashmei HQ, in short the email was asking me to stay on for another year as an ambassador for ashmei. There was no hesitation to my reply, of course I would stay part of the team. I get on great with the other ambassadors, the core team and I love the brand. Why wouldn't I stay?

I was also asked to head down to ashmei HQ down in Tring to help them pick the ambassadors for the 2016/17 season.  Simon and Louise were also going to attend, two of the other ambassadors from last year's selection day, so it was a great chance to meet up with them again if nothing else. 

ashmei products

My weekend went something like this:


Friday 11:30pm: Depart Edinburgh Waverley on the Caledonian Sleeper train heading for Watford Junction.

Saturday 6:00am: Get off the train, get picked up and drive to ashmei HQ.

Saturday 7:00am: Arrive at ashmei HQ, go for breakfast.

Saturday 9:30am: The first of the new ashmei ambassador hopefuls arrive 

Saturday 9:30pm: Arrive back in Edinburgh wondering where the day went! 


The missing 12 hours

I remember the selection day last year and really enjoyed it but this year was even better, I didn't have to worry about anything. I was there just to chat with the new hopefuls and give feedback to the core team at ashmei to help them pick who would be joining the ambassador programme for this year. 

There were so many great people there. Everyone who was asked to attend had already done really well to be shortlisted from hundreds of other applicants so as you can imagine the calibre was exceptional. 
There was a mixture of runners, cyclists and triathletes and each one had a story to tell. I wish I could have had more time chatting to everyone. 

I managed to speak with a lot of people but unfortunately, not everyone. 

We headed out for a run around the local estate and the snow stopped just long enough to allow us to enjoy the views while having a chat. I really enjoyed this part last year. The route was pretty much the same this year apart from there being a bit more mud!

Once we got back to the office and took off our muddy shoes, we warmed up with coffee and cake and chatted a bit more with the hopefuls.

Then it was time to say our goodbyes to the everyone. Once the last candidate left the team went out for lunch and chatted about the day but before I knew it, it was time to catch my train back to Edinburgh. 

When you are with like minded people you can never have enough time to chat! 

I can't say much about what is in store for the team over the coming year but there are some exciting developments and I am over the moon to be part of it and I look forward to meeting up and running with the successful ambassadors in the near future!

Sunday long run

I was meant to go out for a 12 mile run with a friend on Sunday morning but I knew by 7pm on Saturday evening that I wasn't going to be up for an early start. I woke up after 12 hours of sleep on Sunday morning, grabbed some breakfast and then headed out in to the sunshine for an easy run. My last long run before Inverness half marathon this weekend. 

Tour of Edinburgh

It was lovely. I mapped a new route and went exploring. Stopping every now and then to take some photos. The weather gave me a chance to try out my new sunglasses as well and they were great. I'll post a review some time soon. 

13 miles done in total and I just ran to how I felt, not bursting a gut, just keeping my breathing nice and relaxed for the entire run.

Now it's taper time, I ran 6 easy miles last night, tonight is an easier than normal track session and then all I need to do is make sure I don't catch any colds that are going around the office and do a couple of easy runs on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Share your blogs

If you were at the ambassador's day at the weekend and have blogged about it, please feel free to leave a comment below so that others can read about your day. 


Owain Williams

comments powered by Disqus